Weekend Readings April

Thursday 26 April 2018

Right: my favorite book series at the moment, left: a day at sea.

Dear reader,

April has been a whirlwind of a month. It has gone by so quickly but I had a blast. I had some good days with work and some family members had their birthdays and we celebrated in style and had some good family time. Personally, I am excited about the future and what it will bring. I feel strong within myself and feel in touch with what I want. I am a little apprehensive to look further into the future because I have so much stuff to do and I'm trying to control what will happen, something one can never achieve. However, after watching some good TEDtalks and taking a few moments to breathe and meditate, I feel like I am reading to see whatever happens. I have read good books, seen nice things and spend time with people that I love. The sun has been shining more, the flowers have blossomed and I am able to walk outside without freezing, which has been such a nice change from March.

Right: high tea with my good friend, left: flowers in our garden

Some things I have been loving this month:
  • To read: two articles I have been loving this month are a New York Times article and a Vanity Fair article. The New York Times article is all about how important friendships are, and how our brainwaves even synchronize when you have a good friendship. So nice to read and so interesting. I saw a TEDtalk about how important relationships are the key to a long life. Now I've read this article, I am sure that this is one of the most important factors in life: having good meaningful relationships with others. The Vanity Fair article is something completely different, but it is a nice article written about the British Aristocracy and how has been changing. Emma Thynn is such an interesting person, and it was a nice read for someone who is an utter and complete Anglophile.
  • To view: there are two links I have especially been enjoying this month. I have always been an admirer of people to create cute graphics or online creations. These two fill my nerd-heart with joy: little cute comics about the new Avengers film and architecture creations of some of my favorite films and series. I want more!
  •  To watch: two videos I have been enjoying are little silly videos. They don't require more concentration or are even educational ones, but sometimes you just need to be entertained. The first video is about people guessing stranger's zodiac signs. Yes, it sounds as silly as it is. This man, Ray, has been an astrologer for a long time and over the course of the video, something amazing happens and people are in interesting, real and even serious conversations. So nice to watch and I want to meet Ray now. The second video is from one of my favorite YouTube channels, named WongFu Productions. They do sketches and comedy and if you don't know them yet, please check them out immediately. They have recently uploaded a new animation video named 'Skinny Dipping Lessons!' and the video is so, so cute and very funny.
  • Recommendation: my recommendation for this month is the new book series that I have been loving. The series is called: The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley. You guys, it's so, so good. It's like a good mix between 'who do you think you are', detective novels, and traveling to another time and country all in one. It's about these adopted sisters who, after their adoptive father dies, go and find their true heritage. Each sister has its own book and four books have been written so far. I am absolutely 100% loving every single page of this series so far. I am very excited for the next installment this fall!



Post a Comment

© An Ample Word. Design by FCD.